Thank you for your interest in The Open Door. Please explore our website to learn more about our organization, our mission and how you can help.
If you're interested in financially supporting The Open Door you can donate via our secure Paypal account
We'd love to hear from you. Fill out the form below with your short message and we will respond via email.
Temporary Program Coordinator Position
POSITION: TEMPORARY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: NOVEMBER 6, 2017 – MARCH 30, 2018
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
DESCRIPTION: The Open Door NJNY seeks a highly motivated and organized individual with previous cross-cultural experience
and a demonstrated interested in serving the immigrant community. Spanish proficiency is required. The Open Door NJNY operates in West New York, NJ and the Upper West Side; qualified candidates would oversee both locations and be present at the programs while classes are in session. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing non-profit organization with a start-up feel and to make a significant impact in the immigrant community.
Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement
- Coordinate Volunteer Training
- Coordinate weekly volunteer schedules
- Provide volunteers with support
- Onboard new volunteers
- Set up and break down on program evenings
- Coordinate with program facilities
- Make announcements to students
- Help plan Christmas parties
- Develop and manage student and volunteer leaders
Administrative program responsibilities
- Update attendance sheets on a weekly basis
- Communicate regularly with students
- Enter data for registered students
- Provide support to fundraising efforts
- Attend trainings and meetings with partner organizations
- Committed to serving the immigrant community and shares gospel values.
- Able to travel to both program locations and the midtown office
- Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects, and able to work under pressure, be flexible
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of work experience
- Able to receive feedback
- Proficient in Spanish
- Proficient with G Suite (Google) apps, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
HOURS AND LOCATION
- Mondays – Thursdays, 1 p.m. – 9 p.m., Fridays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Office: 27 W. 47th Street, NY NY 10036
- The NJ Program takes place Mondays and Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30 p.m. at Memorial High School,
5501 Park Avenue, West NY, NJ 07093
- The NY Program takes place on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 7-8:30 p.m. at W. 83, 150 W. 83rd St., NY, NY 10024
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary commensurate with experience